The history of Drostdy Village


The original buildings were built in the 1800's and were used as the Residence of the Magistrate in Wolmaransstad.


During the Anglo- Boer war the buildings were burnt down.


After the war the buildings were rebuilt and used as the Drostdy until the late 1980's.


The Building was uninhabited for approximately 15 years and was left in ruins and a lurking place for loiterers.


After 15 years of negotiating, Gert and Wilna bought the premises on 1999 and started restoration immediately.


In 2000 the goods sheds of the railway station and other buildings were bought from Spoornet.


All the buildings were demolished and rebuilt as the Old Drostdy.